This HSC Members Area (Website) Usage Policy applies to all members of Hardway Sailing Club who have a HSC website login ID. Use of the HSC Members Area by club members is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the club. However, access to the HSC Members Area is a privilege and all club members must adhere to the policies concerning it’s usage. Violation of these policies could result in disciplinary and/or legal action leading up to and including termination of club membership. Members may also be held personally liable for damages caused by any violations of this policy. All employees are required to acknowledge receipt and confirm that they have understood and agree to abide by the rules hereunder.
Computer, email and internet usage
- Club members are expected to use the HSC Website responsibly.
- All Internet data that is composed, transmitted and/or received by HSC website is considered to belong to HSC and is recognised as part of its official data.
- The club reserves the right to monitor website usage, monitor and access data that is composed, sent or received through its online connections
- Emails sent via the club email system should not contain content that is deemed to be offensive. This includes, though is not restricted to, the use of vulgar or harassing language/images
- All uploads may be monitored and/or blocked by HSC if they are deemed to be harmful and/or not productive to the club
Unacceptable use of the HSC website by members includes, but is not limited to:
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet or via the HSC website or email service
- Using the website to perpetrate any form of fraud, and/or software, film or music piracy
- Stealing, using, or disclosing someone else’s password without authorisation
- Downloading, copying or pirating software and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorisation
- Sharing confidential material, or proprietary information outside of the organisation
- Hacking into unauthorised areas of the website
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to the club, it’s members, guest or visitors
- Introducing malicious software onto the website and/or jeopardising the security of the clubs electronic communications systems
- Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or unauthorised advertisements
- Passing off personal views as representing those of the club
If an club member is unsure about what constituted acceptable Internet usage, then he/she should ask a Committee Member for further guidance and clarification
All terms and conditions as stated in this document are applicable to all users of HSC’s website. All terms and conditions as stated in this document reflect an agreement of all parties and should be governed and interpreted in accordance with the policies and procedures mentioned above. Any user violating these policies is subject to disciplinary actions deemed appropriate by HSC.
I understand and will abide by this HSC Website Usage Policy. I further understand that should I commit any violation of this policy, my access privileges may be revoked, disciplinary action and/or appropriate legal action may be taken.